As employees of the Commonwealth of Virginia and its Department of Accounts, we will:
- Dedicate our efforts toward earning the respect, trust, and confidence of elected and appointed officials, those with whom we work, and the public.
- Commit to the highest ideals in the stewardship of public resources.
- Exercise prudence and integrity in managing the Commonwealth's finances.
- Provide all reports and information in conformance with applicable laws, regulations, and professional standards.
- Strive for professional excellence by maintaining and enhancing professional knowledge, skills, and abilities for ourselves and our colleagues.
- Maintain and promote nonpartisanship in our professional dealings.
- Act with integrity in all relationships.
- Strive to provide performance and counsel of the highest quality.
- Treat all persons in an evenhanded, respectful, and courteous manner.
- Abide by Virginia's Standards of Conduct for Employees and related regulations.
- Hold ourselves accountable for adhering to this Code of Ethics.
As employees of the Commonwealth of Virginia and its Department of Accounts, we will not:
- Allow conflicts of interest between ourselves and our professional roles.
- Use public resources for personal gain.
- Knowingly sign, subscribe to, or permit issuance of any information that contains a misstatement or omits a material fact.
- Knowingly conduct or condone any illegal or improper activity.